Pages

To Think About

Perspective
Less is more. Unless you're standing next to the one with more. Then less just looks pathetic.

Friday, September 17, 2010

New York Trip Note #4

My last fifteen hours in New York City started out with panic. Yes, sheer panic. About five hours after I finally fell asleep, I was woken up by a phone call from the Front Desk, telling me that I needed to give them a new credit card because the one I gave them didn’t work. It turns out that I had to go and pay for my hotel room with cash since, for some unexplainable reason, my card didn’t go through. (After much questions, it dawned on me that my bank had put a hold on my account for big purchases. Of course.)


After that panic settled down and I checked out of the hotel, I walked over to Central Park, stopping by Starbucks on the way there. Oh and I got to visit some of the neighborhoods in Upper West Side. They’re amazingly beautiful. Honestly, I would love to live there. I had this conversation with my friends while I was here. I can definitely see myself living here. New York’s atmosphere is very much similar to how I live my life.


Anyways... Central Park is huge! Gorgeous, and very green, but huge nonetheless. It was so fun to people watch there. I got to see some musicians play there, and they were good. There were lots of people running at the park. I can’t help noticing that some ladies were in need of extra support... and then there were also men in need of extra support. Eh... One of the most bizarre thing I witnessed while I was walking there was this man with his dog. His dog, I think it was a Doberman, sat still at the man’s feet while he attempts to do some Tai Chi moves. Yes, I said the word attempt. It seems like he was only there to show off. Show off what, I have no idea. Very weird. But hey. To each their own, right?


My last stop before leaving on another jet plane was Lincoln Center. My last tourist-y endeavor in such a short time: the Lincoln Center campus tour. Oh my word. It was amazing. I know some of you read this and said, huh? Yes. I’m a big fan of the arts, and so visiting the venues and learning about the history of the NYC Ballet, The Metropolitan Opera, Juilliard School, New York Philharmonic, etc. was a dream come true. I would love to go back, though, to see Elina Garanca in The Met’s Carmen.


So after all this, what have changed? I don’t know why I was scared out of my wits. I laugh thinking about it. This was a great experience. And traveling alone was great!


Oh, by the way, I didn’t have time to post this earlier, so I posted this as I got settled back home in Kirkland.


If you want to see the 266 pictures from this trip, go to:

gallery.me.com/tirza.magdiel


Ciao!


No comments: